Difference in 34 1101 & 1104?

TG57Roadmaster

Two questions. Where is the difference in wheelbase of the '34 Series 1101 (136")

and the 1104 Super & 1107 Twelve (both 142")?

34_1101_std_bronze1adj.jpg

Larger, 1101 Eight, Model 719 Coupe Roadster

34_12_render.jpg

Twelve Coupe Roadster

These are both Standard-equipped cars with single rear-mounted spare;

is the wheelbase difference from the cowl forward?

Also, does anyone know the number of 1101 Eight, Model 719

Coupe Roadsters produced?

Many thanks in advance,

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

All Packard Convertible Coupe body shells are identical from 1932-1934 so the wheelbase difference is from the cowl forward. The convertible top assemblies are likewise identical. The only exceptions are the 1932 900 and the 1933 1001 which shared a somewhat smaller body and top assembly. Again, all the "big bodied" convertible coupes shared the same body shell. This body shell was also shared by the 1934 2-4 passenger coupe. Trim items, dash, garnish moldings etc differ but a 1932 902 body shell is identical to, say, a 1934 12 body shell. Likewise all Packard 4 door convertible bodies from 1932-1934 are the same.

Thanks R32,

...For clearing up my confusion. The '34 Sales Portfolio on www.packardinfo.com showed only Super 8 & Twelve body diagrams, which had the same dimensions. I figured the Eight was the same, but wanted confirmation.

34_super_8_body_diagramx.jpg

Larger, click once after opening to enlarge.

Regards,

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

Or, as others put it, there's no replacement for displacement. Biggest mistake of my car collecting life, there was a 1933 Packard V-12 convertible coupe in my home town of Alexandria, Louisiana. This would have been mid-1970's. I tried to buy it, couldn't, he finally sold it to a darn dealer in Arkansas. It was a wonderful original car, always wondered where it is now. If anyone knows of such a car that went through a dealer in Little Rock, let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
Or, as others put it, there's no replacement for displacement. Biggest mistake of my car collecting life, there was a 1933 Packard V-12 convertible coupe in my home town of Alexandria, Louisiana. This would have been mid-1970's. I tried to buy it, couldn't, he finally sold it to a darn dealer in Arkansas. It was a wonderful original car, always wondered where it is now. If anyone knows of such a car that went through a dealer in Little Rock, let me know.

I don't know the car but the two most likely suspects to have dealt in a car like that, in that time frame, were:

Charlie Bronson - Now deceased

Jim Cogdell - Not sure if he is still in the hobby or not.