1953 nash stateman super

Guest jordan281990

Guest jordan281990

i recently found this car at my grandparents old farm. i was wondering if anyone could tell me any information at all about this car. is it worth anything? anyone looking for parts? or to buy whole? i know nothing about it and just trying to get all the details

Guest rmongoose
i recently found this car at my grandparents old farm. i was wondering if anyone could tell me any information at all about this car. is it worth anything? anyone looking for parts? or to buy whole? i know nothing about it and just trying to get all the details

You should post pics of the car if you can, and is it a 2dr, 4dr and so on.

Those are neat old cars with a limited following but much loved among us orphan car nuts.

Guest jordan281990
You should post pics of the car if you can, and is it a 2dr, 4dr and so on.

Those are neat old cars with a limited following but much loved among us orphan car nuts.

its a 4 door, and i will have pictures uploaded tomorrow evening

Guest rmongoose

where is it located?.....can mean a lot when determining value.

4dr is not a plus but more and more 4drs are being restored these days.

When it comes to Hudson Stepdowns it seems sometimes there are more folks looking to build 4drs than coupes.........not sure if Nash Nuts are following a similar trend

Guest rmongoose

www.collectormotors.com/53nash/04.jpg

Thought ya might like this little booger I found on the web somewhere:)

Guest rmongoose
thanks! im tyring to find a website where people are looking for them, but not having much luck

Go to .... classiccar.com......and look under Nash, not a lot of folks usually viewing it but they do look there.........I'll take a peak and see who's viewing, if any now

Guest rmongoose

Just went there, nobody viewing but if you google....nash club of america....that's your best bet.

I just went there and it should be the place your lookin' for

Guest jordan281990

alright thanks! honestly do you think this is a waste of time or do you think i can actually make a bit off it?

Guest rmongoose

post-66411-143138184637_thumb.jpg

there it is....it's a small pic but at least it's there:]

Hey, cool....if ya click on it, boom......big as life....almost.

Cool ride isn't it!

I know what yer thinkin' now........hey maybe I can make a cool sled outta this 4dr............it would be a lot of cash to throw at a 4dr but hey.........throw some airbags on it-n-rat rod that baby!

Edited by rmongoose
add stuff (see edit history)

Guest rmongoose
alright thanks! honestly do you think this is a waste of time or do you think i can actually make a bit off it?

Hard to say...are any of the potmetal parts good?

Hood ornaments, grill bars, bumpers?

Is the car solid and fairly rust free or by rough do you mean body damage or cancer?

possible continental kit?

good steering wheel and or dash parts good?

Guest jordan281990

back bumper

headlights

taillights

steering wheel

dash

gauges

hub caps

windows

all is good.

and as far as the body most of it is in good shape, theres surface rust but no holes and pretty solid still

Guest rmongoose
back bumper

headlights

taillights

steering wheel

dash

gauges

hub caps

windows

all is good.

and as far as the body most of it is in good shape, there's surface rust but no holes and pretty solid still

Surface rust don't count, if the thing is solid advertise it as a rat rod. Those things got "ugly charm" like a Henry J, just so ugly they look neat!

I wish I had a Henry........I've been lookin' at a Nash in a fellows private boneyard and dreamin' about it but at fifty I better do the Hudson I have first and look at other stuff later.

Guest rmongoose

There's a couple local nash chapters there in Ill.......saw the info at the Club website.........better check'm out.........gotta hit the sack or I'll never get up ta go fish'n in the mornin'

Later Jordan