A can of spray paint for the car?

Guest bofusmosby

Guest bofusmosby

The man that I bought my car from told me that he had some extra paint left over from when he had the car painted. He told me that he took the left over paint to a paint store, where they put this paint into a spray-paint can. This is what he used when "touch-ups" were needed. All you guys may know all about this, but for me, this is something new. Does anyone else know of this being done, and if so, who does it? Will any auto parts/paint store do this? This hobby is new to me, and I have tons to learn. I figured the best way to learn these things is to ask questions.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I don't know about ANY paint and auto body supply store; but the one that I frequent does this. They can put any paint they mix in aerosol cans, except the catalyzed ones, of course.

I had them mix some paint for the interior on my GTO and it worked out just great. When you're only using a small amount, it sure beats having someone spray it with a gun.

Good luck,

Myron

...then there's the Pre-Val spray system, wherin you can make up your OWN "can":

what-is-preval.jpg

The aerosol detaches from the bottle, so you can have several bottles of different paints all made up & ready to spray, one for each car!

Guest bofusmosby

Thanks guys! This info is good to know. If a car is in need of a touch-up because of a bad spot, from a ding or un-caring person, I believe a lot better job could be had with spray paint using the same paint the car was originally painted with. I guess I'm going to need to make some phone call to various paint stores in the near future.

Jim

Thanks guys! This info is good to know. If a car is in need of a touch-up because of a bad spot, from a ding or un-caring person, I believe a lot better job could be had with spray paint using the same paint the car was originally painted with. I guess I'm going to need to make some phone call to various paint stores in the near future.

Jim

call your local paintless dent removal people, if it is just a ding, chances are they can get it out without you having to paint it