Need help identifying door handles

Guest virgilmule

Guest virgilmule

I am in the process of cleaning out my dad's storage building. He is a real car nut, and has stashed away all sorts of treasures. I'm starting with a bushel basket of exterior door handles primarily from cars of the 30's and 40's. Is there a book available that would help me figure out just what he has?

Thanks!

If you are planning on selling these door handles and there is any chance that you happen to come across this type of door handle, I am in need of 2 and the matching window cranks too. As you can see the handle I have is broken. If not that's ok, just checking all possible leads... Scott

post-59683-143138182781_thumb.jpg

post-59683-143138182783_thumb.jpg

post-59683-143138182785_thumb.jpg

post-59683-143138182787_thumb.jpg

I am not aware of any book to ID handles.

You can try putting up some pics on the "what is it" forum that is a sub-catagory of the "photo forums".

Scott; That chipped handle looks repairable to me as it does not look like crumbling pot metal. I have had some luck with that miracle aluminum welding rod. Practice on some junk handles first :) P/S, I have just a couple of DG8 inside handles...one door handle, one window handle, and one T handle that maybe could be used for a roll down rumble seat window on a coupe.

I too shold have made the same suggestion as F&J did, my apologies, but agree with F&J's comments. I've not seen or head of a book that either just covers handles or has a section on them and although posting seperate pictures of the potential numerous handles may be labor intensive it may be your best bet. Maybe you might take pictures of groups of like handles or another thought might be to write numbers on a large piece of cardboard and place the a handle next to each number and take/post a photo. This will allow those that respond to reference which number appears to be what handle, just thinking out loud...

F&J, I'll send you a PM on what you have. Although I might be able to fix the one that I have as a fallback I will for now keep looking for all that are missing. Scott

Guest virgilmule

Thank you for your responses. I guess I'll do it "the hard way." Stay tuned for some pics on the "What is it?" Forum - if I can figure out the technology for posting pictures. I'm about to try posting a picture of a mystery headlight that I also dug out of Dad's barn. I found a pair of mid 20's headlights in really good shape, but Dad has no clue what they're from. Wish me luck!