PLEASE READ - a message from your webmaster

PLEASE READ - a message from your webmaster<P>As we all know, viruses are everywhere on the net. There is a new one out called Badtrans.B. It can only infect your system if you are running Internet Explorer 5.01 or 5.5.<P>My mailbox is filled with this virus, so I know lots of you have it. <P>I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU UPGRADE TO IE 6.0! Today, right now... pronto! It will prevent your machine from becoming infected by this nasty virus. The upgrade is free and can be found at:<P><A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp</A><P>Thanks,<P>Peter

Even if you are forced to use a PC you can avoid a lot of this by not using Microsoft applications: None of these email worms has made it past my copy of Eudora.<P>At work I have to use Windows. At home I have a choice and I don't use any Microsoft software at all. It saves me from a lot of this type of crap.

Peter ~ I downloaded Explorer 6.0 as recommended. However now that it is in, the various threads are slower to come up when moving about within the forum. Is this a problem just for me, or has anyone else experienced this difference? Sometimes after posting a reply and I am taken back to the thread, the just completed reply opens up in small chunks until it all finally appears.<P>I am posting this here, since not everybody goes all the way to the bottom of the title page to read the Technical section.<P>Howard

Ted is right, I got tired of watching a pot that never boiled, so as of last year I import all my water from a little town in France called Perrier. I understand fully though that you have to boil you water in AZ. (being so close to Mexico) but trust me, this french water ain't bad grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Peter-<BR>I downloaded 6.0 on one of my PC's but the other one is still operating on WIN95. 6.0 will only download to WIN98 or higher. Is there a patch available?<P> shocked.gif" border="0 <B><I>Do I smell a conspiracy??!!</I></B> shocked.gif" border="0

Guest MJJones

Peter. I got the Badtrans Virus from an AACA member I knew but did not correspond with very frequently. His screen name was preceded with the "underscore" ( _ ) symbol.<BR>Our antivirus system picked it up so there was no damage. Since that day I have received dozens of message with the _ mark in the address line. Of course, we delete them immediately<P>Thanks for the heads up!<P>Mike smile.gif" border="0

I upgraded to IE6 a couple of months ago. But almost being infected with a virus tonight made me think thwice about using Outlook. I use Netscape's mail client due to that.