"GENERAL JUMBO" WHEELS - HUB CAPS

1930's Ford also sported the General Jumbo Wheels. If you can come up with the 16" wheels and hubcaps, you've got something that is rarely seen. I'd like to get a couple more 11 spoke wheels to complete my set of Chevrolet 6 lug. If I can come up with a couple more of the 11 spoke, I would be willing to part with my 9 spoke Chevy rims, with a set of caps. You can see a picture here http://www.restorodstogo.com/2010/01/general-jumbo-wheels-1930s.html

Edited by Dougsclassic
link doesn't work (see edit history)

They offered different size tires and some of them were extremely balloon. They had 14" wheels that were 6" wide or so. Those had very balloonish tires on them. They also had 15" and 16" The 16s weren't that much larger than standard tires of the era, therefore the 16s are by far the most practical wheels and the most desirable as you can buy reproduction tires to fit them. There are no tires that look appropriate for the 14s or the 15s for that matter. You can substitute later vintage style tires on them but that's what it is, a substitute. This all started with the use of airplane tires on a 32 Ford as I recall from legend. Reminds me of the bush pilots in Alaska using big M&H Racemaster slicks on their Super Cubs with just a few pounds air pressure in the tires. They can land on tundra that is hard to walk on.

• 4 months later...