Sign in to follow this  
johndeereb

Info on a 1928 Dodge Victory 6 with picts.

I was wondering if someone could take a photo and post it of what the Dodge Victory 6 vacuum fuel feed system looks like. I need pictures of what the top looks like as I think that I am missing some of the brass attachments for the fuel lines.

Here is a picture of my car. I bought it almost 2 years ago when I was 17 off of ebay.

Thanks, johndeereb

9917_1253289130648_1182146163_30765115_7093073_n.jpg

If no one else can help than I surely can, just need to find the pict. ( give me a day or two ) If I remember correctly the Victorys fuel canister is mounted on the drivers side? Is that correct? If you could post a picture of what you have than it might help. Any luck contacting the Victory six tech advisor?

He could tell you most anything you need to know, nice car by the way, I see headlights every so often on e-bay but they are getting scarce, hopefully you have them already.

Nice car and looks very original! Judging from your question on the vacuum tank / gravity feed lines I'm glad someone young like you is interested in its original design and doesn't want to ratrod it.

Here are a couple of tanks on 1928s. Sorry they're not close ups.

post-37352-143138182373_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138182378_thumb.jpg

Nice car and looks very original! Judging from your question on the vacuum tank / gravity feed lines I'm glad someone young like you is interested in its original design and doesn't want to ratrod it.

I would never ratrod this car. This car has lasted this long and I think that it should live the rest of its life the way it is, all original. It does need some work however. wiring, brakes, and an engine overhaul because it smokes alot. But all that will have to wait because of money and time. I hate it when people cut up old cars and destroy them. They look so much better when theey are all original anyway. I love the old patina look.

There is a Stewart Warner Vacuum Fuel System manual for a 1928 Dodge for sale on EBay as of this morning. It should have all the info you need.

Hi John, Attached are 2 pis from a Vic 6 I bought a while back (RHD model) Although it has a bypass for an eletric fuel pump the original system is still in place and can be quickly restored to original. The input is via the copper pipe up the right side of the vac tank and the output goes off to the carb on the other side of the engine, John

post-45637-143138191034_thumb.jpg

post-45637-143138191039_thumb.jpg