WTB - drivers side door for a 1929 Dodge Brothers DA-6 Coupe

Guest ...doc...

If I can hijack your thread a little, I have a good friend that needs a deck lid for the same model of car. He has SOME parts on a parts car but I believe it is a 4dr and the door would be different. Any spare deck lids?

Guest ...doc...
If I can hijack your thread a little, I have a good friend that needs a deck lid for the same model of car. He has SOME parts on a parts car but I believe it is a 4dr and the door would be different. Any spare deck lids?

not sure if a 4 door would work, but I have heard of people using a rear door off of a four door before as a front, and adding a panel to the door where the rear wheel well opening was. Can you get door dimensions to me, and I will compare?

No spare deck lids here, if fact,...I don't have one either :mad:

I know where there is a set of 2 dr vehicle doors for sale, havent bothered to look in my catalog to see the differences but like was mentioned nearly anything can be modified enough. All depends on how much time you want to spend and your skill level.

Guest ...doc...
I know where there is a set of 2 dr vehicle doors for sale, havent bothered to look in my catalog to see the differences but like was mentioned nearly anything can be modified enough. All depends on how much time you want to spend and your skill level.

I need just the drivers side door, for a 2 door coupe, I have some other doors that are Dodge Brothers doors, but a different year, the beltline and door frame isn't the same, I can make it work, ...cut, weld, grind, repeat, until it fit's in the hole, but want a matching door, that the beltline lines up, and the window opening is the same on both doors

Can you check on the 2 door vehicle doors?

THANKS!!!

I will do that but can you post a picture of your door and then measure for me from the bottom up to the first beltline and give me the measurements, this way I can have a better idea of what we are dealing with, not sure he will break the set-up and even if he does he prob. wants an arm and a leg but I will give you his e-mail so you can deal with him directly. Just get me the measurements first and a picture so I dont waste anyones time.

Guest ...doc...
I will do that but can you post a picture of your door and then measure for me from the bottom up to the first beltline and give me the measurements, this way I can have a better idea of what we are dealing with, not sure he will break the set-up and even if he does he prob. wants an arm and a leg but I will give you his e-mail so you can deal with him directly. Just get me the measurements first and a picture so I dont waste anyones time.

the measurements of the door are:

door height: 43 3/4

door width: 30 3/16

from the bottom of the door to the bottom of the belt line: 23 1/2

belt line: 2"

window opening: 13 1/2 X 26 1/2

Thanks

post-66765-143138184106_thumb.jpg

Cant help, looks like you are building a rod so I would suggest using your good pass door as a mold for the drivers side, you could make one from fiberglass with time, all you are really going to care about is the outer panel anyway, Id hate to see a good steel door used anyway.

Guest ...doc...
Cant help, looks like you are building a rod so I would suggest using your good pass door as a mold for the drivers side, you could make one from fiberglass with time, all you are really going to care about is the outer panel anyway, Id hate to see a good steel door used anyway.

Thanks but no fiberglass,......ever.

The "rod" I am building has had no modifications done to the body, I don't plan on chopping it, I plan on using the body as is, with the exception of fixing dents, repairing rust holes, and painting it black.

No difference to the body than a "restored" body of a car.

I think my plans are better than rotting in a field, or the "I am gonna restor that thing someday"

Well this forum/site is mainly geared toward helping people restore there cars original. Some guys come on here looking for parts for their car that they have no intention of ever making original and to me that dosent seem right. Leave the original parts to the original guys, ( they are just running out ) your car will prob. never be original again, after you tire of it chances are the next guy will chop the top and make grocery carts for seats so why not make the doors from some other material, I myself dont see the difference but its your car. I certaintely cant tell you what to do with it.

Guest ...doc...
Well this forum/site is mainly geared toward helping people restore there cars original. Some guys come on here looking for parts for their car that they have no intention of ever making original and to me that dosent seem right. Leave the original parts to the original guys, ( they are just running out ) your car will prob. never be original again, after you tire of it chances are the next guy will chop the top and make grocery carts for seats so why not make the doors from some other material, I myself dont see the difference but its your car. I certaintely cant tell you what to do with it.

I understand,..I am not a "rat rodder"

Rat Rod's are poorly built death traps, and are of no use to me.

Thanks for your help.