Engine Identification

Guest Rocket455

Doesn't look like my '29 DA engine. The water outlet above the water pump is different, my spark plug locations are evenly spaced; not as "paired" as those look, the spark plug wire management is similar, but not exact and where is the distributor?; it should be showing on the top of the head on this side of the engine.

Rocket 455, if you can clean the snow off the top of that fuel canister and post a pict. it would be appreciated. I thought at first glance that it was a Kingston but the more I look at it the more I think I am incorrect. I have on loan a lifetime collection of Stewert tank info ( Gentleman has been and still is rebuilding these things for 40 plus years ) and am trying to accociate myself with these tanks. I think you have a Stewert tank on that truck and would like to see the top and hopefully get some numbers. Thanks for any help.

Doesn't look like my '29 DA engine. and where is the distributor?; it should be showing on the top of the head on this side of the engine.

Holy crap, distributor is missing. Can I use the "severly medicated" excuse? I'm sick as a dog today. I feel like my lungs want to explode everytime I cough, which is about every 30 seconds.

Guest Backyardmechanic

The dist. is on the left side.This engine is a 168 C.I. would be same for chylster,Desota,Dodge DD of 1930-31. If you plan to rebuilt this engine one has a problem with Pistions as there's none in stock any where we just rebuilt one and had to have the pistions forged to our spects. Also there is no interchange of bearings.So we had to rebabbitt the shells.

Vern

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rocket455

I could not get a pic of the engine to attach but the number on the engine started with DD then a line with a 2 over it then it says 7333

Thanks...

David..

Edited by Rocket455 (see edit history)