Got to love those Westralianers

danhar1960

This is best viewed with" To dream, the impossible dream" softly playing in the background and DON'T be drinking anything at the time.

Buick Sedan straight 8 - eBay, Restoration, Salvage, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 31-Mar-10 18:16:54 AEDST)

Who says Australians don't have high expectations (or a good sense of humour) :D:D:D:D:D

Danny

I think poor old tony1139 must have been drinking strong drink when he advertised this one - maybe he just held his finger on the zero too long and turned $200 into $20,000.

Burracoppin is a marginial farming area in the West Australian eastern wheatbelt so poor old tony needs all the help he can get!!!

Don't know why he would have bought a farm there, he admits it doesn't rain hence the car is rust free.

Pity the motor and radiator have gone, imagine what he could have asked if the car was complete!

$20,000 AU, and no wheels to roll it home on??? :eek:..... :rolleyes: I fear the cash register will not have that nice "Cha Ching" (Money in) but more of a "Cha Chunk" (Money Out) feeling. ;) Dandy Dave!

Well, it seems he dropped the price a little for this "restorers dream".

I guess the price could be justified by "the doors open and close". :):):)

I run across this mentality regularly that if it's old, it must be worth a fortune.

If only !!!!:rolleyes:

Danny

Wow $2000 now. Only 20 times at what it worth at the very most considering the location. Scrap metal prices have dropped.

10 plus years ago went to a farm auction near Swan Hill, Victoria. A 1946 Buick rough but near complete & rust free (with an engine) sold $75. All the chrome trim had been removed at some time and it had some damage underneath where it been lifted by a tractor front end loader. An early 1950's phase 1 vauguard ute: rust free and complete was taken away by the scrap metal buyer for $20.

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)