Help Needed with my 1919 Buick

herbertg

Guys,

I thought I would post this question here to see what kind of responses I get. I would like to find a local or area expert in Omaha to assist me with getting my Buick running right. I don't know of anyone I considered qualified to assist me with it. Does someone on this forum know of a way to locate someone?

Steve

Steve, what is wrong? They are simple machines and easy to work on. All you need is a manual or two, and some common tools. Are you having electrical/ignition issues? Describe what is going on, post a couple of pics, and lots of us will help you if you want to tackle the work yourself.

You might also post over in the Buick section.

John,

Since my father passed away, I have had the car running. However, I had a lot of problems with the vacuum tank and carb on the car. My uncle has been a tremendous help to me with it, but he getting older now and he has problems walking. My dad and him you to play with these cars all the time. He knows them quite well. Anyway, I was able to locate a rebuild kit for both the carb and vacuum tank. My uncle helped me rebuild both. However, the marvel carb needs some fine tuning in order to run ideally. I would like to find someone who I could learn from to look it over to ensure it is a reliable car to take out on the road.

Steve

Steve, I have a Marvel repair and tuning manual that I can email you. Sent me your email in the clear to unimogjohn@aol.com and I will be happy to send it to you.

There are normally only two adjustments on these carbs. On the bottom do you have a wheel or T bar for an adjustment? If it is wheel bottom it out and turn until the notch on the wheel is in line with the stud on the base; if a T just barely crack it open.

On the air valve, the start position is to make the top of the adjustment screw in line with the little adjustment arm. This is the start position. Drive the car a block or so, then move the knob a couple of clicks and drive it again. Keep doing this until you feel that the car is running good. It is a slow process, but it works.