Lots of questions

Guest smokinponcho73

Guest smokinponcho73

Ok My uncle passed away in december and had lots of buick and pontiac parts. We are not sure what to do with them, I figuered the true Buick guys should be the ones to decide.

He had a 1965 buick sport wagon with a 300 4bbl that ran when it was parked. Has all glass but top 3 i think. It is filled with buick and pontiac parts.

He had (3) nailheads, 1 was a 425 with a superturbine trany(I think my grandpa called it). 1 was 401 with tranny and the last was a 300 with tranny. These are all 3 complete engines complete with all accesories. What would something like this sell for? I dont want to make a fortune just feel my grandparents should not be ripped off. We will be selling these off at the portland swap meet in april. We also found a few aluminum drums for buicks and 8 lug drums for pontiacs. Any I deas on value of these parts? If need be someone can point me to the correct forum for these questions. I have more parts just not sure what yet. Thanks alot, any help would be nice. I am a little car-savey just old buick are not my thing.

Thanks again

Brandon

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. Your question is too vague to give a quick easy answer. You could find the Buy/Sell Forum a little lower down and list things there, or you could look at the Buick Buy/Sell Forum a little lower on this site as well. Without photos or ideas of condition of specific parts, there is little opportunity to make any suggestion about price without it just being a wild guess.

If you are going to take it to a swap meet, you will probably find folks making offers there. You might do some research of past auctions on Ebay to see what similar parts are selling for. Other than that, post your location and perhaps there is a Forum Member close by who would be willing to take a look at what you have and give you his or her opinion.

Good luck.

Simplest way is to find a parts vendor who would buy you out totally. Of course you won't get as much that way but the headache would be over. A few years ago I bought out a estate of Hupmobile cars and parts. The nice old widow that sold us the stuff made one contingency, we had to take "everything" in the basement and garage. So we ended up all kinds of stuff we didn't want like tools etc. AND she made us sweep out both areas nice and clean. She was a delight and we had a lot of fun doing it so it was not so bad. It made her lift simpler and at least two of the cars ended up in appropriate museums once we were done. A win, win for everyone involved, and she got a very fair price.