Sign in to follow this  
GreenSixteen

Arizona Auctioneer needed

If someone was looking to auction off a 1920's automobile in Arizona, who would you turn to to sell it? The car is not a Duesy or a fancy Packard, but it is a 7-passenger sedan of a relatively rare and desirable make, in good, complete condition. Can anyone give me some thoughts or suggestions? (It MUST be sold at auction)

Thanks

Can you wait until the next round of big auctions next winter? For an older pre-war car I would recommend RM or Silver depending on the value of your car. If it is under say $25000 you might be better off with Silver, it you expect it to go higher than RM. Both decent companies and both have better track records than some of the other companies without going into detail. Of course there are other auctions that are very good like Russo and Steele but they focus on muscle cars and I doubt it would be good for your car. If you can't wait until next winter, than you may have to ship the car some distance to a sale in a neighboring state. Check Sports Car Market or Car Collector magazines for a nice listing of sales coming up.

One other option if it must be sold at auction, would be to list it on E-bay. That way it would get national visibility unless it must be sold in the state of Az.

I agree with Larry about e-Bay, a well written ad with a detailed description and numerous pictures will reach a worldwide audience. Start the car off at a low price and set the reserve at the least amount you will sell the car for. Of course, as with any vehicle sale, if it is running/driving/stopping and clean it will bring a better price than one that is not. Sadly, being rare does not always equate into higher value.