Optikleen Label Application

CheezeMan

Hello,

I recently bought the replacement label for an Optikleen bottle from CARS. However, it is just a piece of paper-- not the sticky label I was expecting. Nor is it plastic-coated like a sticker normally is. My question is how to apply this piece of paper to the bottle? should I use contact cement or something? and also since it is just paper, i am concerned it would wash off or deteriorate the first time water comes into contact with it. Does anyone have any suggestions or have the same experience?

Thanks!!!

No, no... The Optikleen label already has adhesive on the back side. You don't need to use any kind of adhesive!

Simply soak the label in water for a little while to wet it (a few seconds), then apply it to your clean glass bottle. You can easily reposition it (like a decal), while it is wet, to get it positioned just right.

Guest Lowrider70
No, no... The Optikleen label already has adhesive on the back side. You don't need to use any kind of adhesive!

Simply soak the label in water for a little while to wet it (a few seconds), then apply it to your clean glass bottle. You can easily reposition it (like a decal), while it is wet, to get it positioned just right.

Yes, I also bought an Optikleen label from Cars Inc. (Old Buick Parts)... and just like Chuck thought, I wondered how I was gonna stick this label on too!

So Alex, wetting the label with water for a few seconds and then position it as desired on the bottle, before the adhesive starts to take effect... all well and good. But the label itself isn't protected from spillages, so would using some clear, sticky laminate (covering the label) adhere to the glass bottle well enough??

Edited by Lowrider70 (see edit history)

Unfortunately, the copy I received from CARS did not have any glue on it. After wetting and applying it to the bottle, it dried and slid off the glass. Anyway, a light coat of rubber cement followed by a clear laminate cover solved the problem.

The water may have "aged" the colors on the paper a bit, so it looks closer to "used" than new. The car is a driver, so I'm not concerned.

Thank you.

Guest Lowrider70

Chuck,

Good to hear you eventually managed to stick your Optikleen label to its bottle! In fact, I got round to applying my label today... and fortunately for me, this particular label WAS impregnated with glue! So all I need to do now, is find some clear, adhesive laminate to protect it. :-)