Sign in to follow this  
Dandy Dave

Car Dealer Jingles

I was sitting here thinking of some of the ads that were on TV and Radio for our local car dealers....

Ken Goewey, what a Guy.

My Dad, Terry Morris, is still number one!

And then there was a guy in the 70's, Ted Pepper. He would come on talking about 100 miles an hour...

Ted Pepper will put you in the drivers seat.

Here is another one from our Former local Buick-Pontiac Dealer http://www.noeckerbuickpontiac.com/JingleBest.wav

I can remember hearing that on the radio since I was a youngster...

Add yours.... Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Wyatt Chevrolet's slogan was "Why not Wyatt, for your best new or used car deal!"

Gowen Oldsmobile was "Go Gowen!"

The current GM/Nissan/Mazda dealer's slogan is "Robert said sell 'em!" but they don't have to worry about me buying anything from them. They've always seemed a little oily to me...

There used to be a Chevy dealer in a Cleveland suburb called "C. Miller Chevrolet". Not that he had any particularly original slogans, but he was an old guy then and would come out wearing a barrel, talking about how he had to sell his new-car inventory at fire sale prices, etc. At the end of each ad he'd throw a big Dinah Shore/Jim Lange kiss and would say, "See the USA in a C. Miller Chevrolet!" One time he was stooped over with superimposed photos of new Chevy station wagons on his back. He said, "Get these station wagons off my back!" Corny as all get-out!

Bill

In Michigan, it was "Roy O'Brien" who had the most catchy tune. In California, I liked "Cal Worthington and his dog, Spot" ads.

Almost every pickup truck on the north slope in Alaska has a Cal Worthington plate on it that says Go see Cal(With a caricature of Cal in a cowboy hat followed by music notes). The trucks up there dont need AK state plates unless they run down the highway (Most don't). They like Ford diesels up there.

One of the Ford dealerships here had their "We're the little cheeper dealer" (yeah they did spell it like that) and they had a little animated chick (looked sort of like a rubber duck but was a chick instead) with wheels and it zipped around on the TV screen during the commercial.

I thought it was so cute and funny my now ex-husband went up to the dealership and talked them into selling him one of the t-shirts they gave away with the purchase of a vehicle. :D

Susan,

One of our local Chevy Dealers is still a "Little Cheeper Dealer" and still uses the Cheeping Baby Chicks in his Commercials

Here in Tulsa in the late '50s the Buick dealership was Chick Norton. In their TV commercials the announcer would stand beside a new Buick and make his spiel and at the end another guy would smash the windshield of the Buick with a baseball bat and the announcer would say "Chick don't care!" They sold a lot of Buicks.

Edited by Bob Call (see edit history)

Not jingles but; remember Mad Man Muntz; "I'd give em away but my wife won't let me", and in the Washington, D. C. area, dating from the car scarce WWII years I believe, Uncle Joe Cherner's radio slogan was "Next to a new car a Chernerized car is best".

Then there was an outake of a guy saying how bad he was going to get into your pocket, ! It was suposed to be off camera and just clowning around ,, but it made it to the mainstream , really funny ,, and embarrasing to the dealer, I wonder where that went ?

Terry Monroe! I went to GMI with him...1976.

I had no jingle's with my dealership but I did have an ad campaign with billboards with a caricature of me in my 1920 Olds, etc. It was the best campaign I did...have to find the picture! I saw it awhile ago among all my other papers and cannot find it tonight.

Speaking of outakes... have you seen the legendary Jack Rebney Winnebago salesman video? Watch him totally lose it as a simple commercial spirals out of control and down the toilet.

WE DO NOT ALLOW LINKS TO PROFANE WEB SITES!!!!! RWB

:) Steve,

Do you know if this is the Terry Monroe who currently owns Terry Monroe Buick, Pontiac, Cadillac, GMC in Peru Illinois (about 90 miles southwest of Chicago) ?

:) kaycee

I saw on the net a few weeks ago a salesman for a Dodge dealership in California, looked like a 65 of 66 Dodge wagon next to him, and he was talking trash about his boss saying the boss is lower than whale poop and if you wanted to get the screws put to you, come on down to XXX motors. It's a hoot. I'll try to find it again and if I can I'll post a link.

Chick Lambert and Storm

MORE PROFANE LINKS! This is a family web site, Folks!! RWB

Not a jingle, but funny. If you're offended by a little course language, do not click

If you are curious the profane web site is called "Youtube". A search for Jack Rebney will turn up the video in question.

There is a GM dealer in this area, Bob Clute Pontiac, who has advertised on the radio with the slogan "The dealer wi-i-th the handshake" for years.

I can't imagine why this is a selling feature, in fact I would go elsewhere to avoid it, but it seems to have some mysterious appeal. At least he sells a lot of cars.

I remember a dealers ad in the Toledo Ohio area in the 60s, I think Oldsmobile. It started out with a silhouette of a man (I think smoking a cigar but I may be remembering Hitchcock). Someone is saying every dealer in town says nobody can beat our prices, well meet Mr Nobody, Nobody Oldsmobile, as the silhouette rotated around and lights came up.

I had no jingle's with my dealership but I did have an ad campaign with billboards with a caricature of me in my 1920 Olds, etc. It was the best campaign I did...have to find the picture! I saw it awhile ago among all my other papers and cannot find it tonight.

I think I remember that ad!!!

It showed you in the car and said, "Come to Moskowitz Oldsmobile, where everything is new but the owner"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Sorry Steve, I couldn't resist.

........."Come to Moskowitz Oldsmobile, where everything is new but the owner"

:D:D

not a musical jingle....

...but I remember when as a little kid I would see the television advertisements for Jerrys Chevrolet, at the time probably one of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in Baltimore. The ads would always finish with an official sounding voice saying "Jerry's Chevrolet.. A Factory Authorized Distribution Center." It went on for years and sounded quite impressive, making many people think there was something extra special about the dealership..... until someone publicly pointed out what should probably have been obvious.... that every dealership is a distribution center authorized by the automobile brand company! It wasn't long before the television advertisements quit using that little piece of information.