headlight stand...what vehicle and year

Guest happydayrt

Guest happydayrt

I was told this was for a 39 Chevy truck....This is incorrect... the number on this is 350965... the # on the other one is ; 350966 it measures 8 inches long by 3 3/4 inches at the widest point.

Please help.

post-63523-14313817931_thumb.jpg

post-63523-143138179314_thumb.jpg

post-63523-143138179319_thumb.jpg

Guest happydayrt

A friend has a 38 Chevy truck.he said his measured 3/4 inch less than these in length. so these would be too big to fit on the truck. the hood would hit them.

do you know the numbers that are on the back of the ones off your coupe?

Guest happydayrt

Thank you... you did not specify the year they are for. are they for 39 and 40?

and where would I get a parts book that you looked those up in?

Thanks again,....

Woody

In case you didn't know, the 39 and 40 Chevy truck are very nearly the same. The main difference is the use of seal-beam headlights in the 40 and the separate parking light made necessary by it which mounts in a housing on the fender. Because the bucket and mounting was the same, most of the 39's were retrofitted with the seal beams to keep them on the road. Other differences are in the dashboard, the 39 still had round gauges, the 40 introduced rectangulars, and the "Chevrolet" script is slightly different on top of the grille. Somebody told me there is a different number of bars in that grille also, I don't know. None of this matters to you , if it is right for one year it's right for the other.I'm surprised the bigger truck's lights are different, though.

I'm not a Chev person, I'm into Studes, but Stude trucks of the late 30's that were sold in California had totally different headlights than those sold elsewhere in the US. They were much larger and placed lower on the fenders requiring different headlight stands. To comply with the California law Chev would likely have had to do something similar.

Terry