1933 - 36 WILLYS 77 PHOTOS "WANTED'!

Willys77

Just wondering if anyone has any 1933 - 1936 Willys Model 77 photographs up in the attic; or in a shoebox, under the stairs? If possible, would you post them here, or email them to me? I would very much appreciate any that you could forward; especially with a "bit of history."

I don't think they were called Model 77s for the 1937-41s, but here's a 1941 that has not only escaped the chop shop, but also the restoration shop. It's all original, and was shown in the HPOF (Historical Preservation of Original Features) class at Hershey this year.

I didn't know if you were looking for factory original, or photos of when they were new, or what.

post-33613-143138180411_thumb.jpg

Hi West:

Mahalo for the reply! Looking for any basically stock Willys. If the truck, car or Panel Delivery hasn't been significantly "modified", I guess I'd be interested. It can be an old photo of a "new" automobile; or a recent photo of anything Willys - and anything in between! Old Dealership photos also "accepted"! Could you send a larger image of the Pickup, West?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rgrote83

I have been meaning to snap a few for you. This is a 1933 Willys model 77. I am not that familiar with the car. It is hard to find anything about it online. Can anyone tell me how rare it is? Maybe what one in this condition would sell for?

post-68025-143138217449_thumb.jpg

post-68025-143138217459_thumb.jpg

Edited by rgrote83 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I have been collecting ORIGINAL pre WWII Willys photos for years. I owned 5 or 6 of them back in the 1960's and drove them as everyday transportation. Most all of my photos were taken in the 1930's or early '40's when the cars were new or near new. Far too many to post here.

• 7 months later...

Interesting that in 1941 the "redesigned" Willys AMERICAR used the quarter window behind the door like this Aussie 1939 Overland did. I kind of prefer the 1937 - 1940 body without the quarter window. Diversity is good. W O K R ~ a GREAT Club and I am a member. Original Factory Draings available for many of the WILLYS OVERLAND KNIGHT autos and trucks!

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing just because it is deemed to be "DESIRABLE" what this junk brings to the seller! There isn't anything "solid" on the whole car. And I just love the word "PATINA"!!! You get to charge more for rust!!! Thanks for the post, Dave.

"And then, if you come across something DECENT, you never seem to get a reply?" (Even if you just want information!")

Edited by Willys77 (see edit history)

considering that is a car that sat outside for 40 years or more, it IS in "solid" condition IMHO

compare this to some of the stuff that comes from Ohio or PA or the swamps down south.

MANY cars 40-50 years newer are in worse condition rust wise than this car

• 2 weeks later...

I can vaguely remember a number of 1930s Willys around Melbourne (Australia) in the late 1940 and early 50s. I think that many donated their engines to "Midget" race cars used for oval (cinder) track racing. Usually run at night under lights. Just don't stand near the bends or you go home covered in dirt.

oldcar

• 5 months later...
Guest willeys41

Save a 36 willys model77 from a guy going to street rod.Iam doing another car now but have took to have it stripped.It ran good and body was good.He tarped it for a couple yrs and paint started to bubble.If anyone is interested?I have $6500 in it now if someone wants to finish it.All stock.rebuilt carb and no paint.The pic are when he owned before he messed it up.Live in KENT WA Thanks Dave

Edited by willeys41
Forgot city (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

This picture was posted on http:// the old motor.com In June. Dig that super rare panel

Middletown-NY1.jpg

This is the second photo we have showing Middletown, New York. On the corner is the Whelan Drug Co. which appears to be an old fashioned drug store with a luncheonette along with a soda fountain. Out front is a rare Willys panel truck, an unknown brand of a bus and possibly a 1935 Chevrolet coupe approaching the corner.

• 8 years later...