Select 60 Hood Ornament

Guest steveskyhawk

Guest steveskyhawk

Just bought the one that popped up on ebay. Did the "buy it now" and paid immediately. Seller must have decided he could get more money for it somewhere else and canceled the sale. I think he was a kid.

If anybody has one of these let me know as I'm still looking.

Guest steveskyhawk

That's what I thought! My finger hit the "buy it now" button at the speed of light!. It wasn't perfect with the bottom of the sunburst being discolored so I'll know it when it pops up again.

Everybody please watch for this item to pop up again. I think what the seller did was unscrupulous and greedy but i can't be bothered to lose sleep over it.

Guest ReattaRobert

Is it the guy who has a bunch of items that are listed as 'Select Sixty (or) 60?

I suspect it is as I've been corresponding with him over the last day or so. He claims this is an 'ultra rare' early 88!!!

His first post to me offered photos of said hood ornament and VIN but he has yet to produce same - lists North Las Vegas as his location.

My Father always said that it 'takes all kinds to make a World' - I think this guy is a perfect example!! :confused:

Edited by ReattaRobert
spelling (see edit history)

Guest steveskyhawk

The car is in a junk yard. I wonder who he thinks he is kidding. Here is a picture of the hood ornament from the ebay ad. Fresh from the pick a part! Must be worth a million bucks. I guess the ornament is more valuable than his reputation. Bad karma.

post-53748-143138179362_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest steveskyhawk

I wonder if that one that sold in 06 was new or used, and if the person has any others. Has anybody been contacted by the ebayer in Las Vegas (that refused to ship the SS hood ornament I bought from him) with an offering to sell again the merchandise I bought. It was used and damaged so I'm not losing sleep over this. I'm sure it will resurface. Picture of the item is posted above.