1963 American 440 4door

Guest GarCi

I just came into possesion of a 63 american 440 rambler. I'm have the hardest time trying to find a tranny filter as well as a slew of other normally replaced parts (i.e. oil filter, air filter, air filter housing) is there anywhere i can look for these things without having to pay ridiculous amounts of money ( ifound a site that had a replacement driver side mirror and wanted 90 bucks!).. Also I can't seem to find a service manual anywhere for it either.....so any help or tips on working on this car would be great!

(i.e. oil filter, air filter, air filter housing) is there anywhere i can look for these things without having to pay ridiculous amounts of money

Unfortuantely these cars are LESS popular today than they were then.. Parts are difficult to find... I know.. it took me 3 years to find parts for a 42 Oldsmobile..a friend of mine has a 60 and he has had a difficult time finding things as well. AND once you DO find them.. people want a good penny for them because they are scarce..It is just the nature of the beast...auto restoring..

wow thanks alot ya'll!! that rockauto was a winner even though i might not order everything through them they still give me part numbers for everything!

• 2 weeks later...