I believe it is a formal name for a chauffer driven town car that has a separate compartment for the driver. the drive is in the open with a soft top over the driver section.. The pix I have is a Brewster bodied car. It is elegant!!

Dan

Ummmm OBVIOUSLY the '38 Special.....duhhhh!!!:confused: :P Hahahaha.

<-----(insert expletive you know which one!)

But really I definitely couldnt pick one year, they had great looking and great performing vehicles through all of the decades....I'll probably second Dandy Dave "all Buicks are the best!" :D

:) They're all the best, including the new ones (well, almost all the new ones).

I've owned about twenty, and they've all been great looking and great running cars from a '24 to '85. Never had one, but would like to have a early 1900s through the teens Buick!

THIS IS NOT the WANTED , BUY SELL forum, so please do'nt send me any : for sale 1908 Buick ads!!!

:):) kaycee

I agree with JustDave, but they are very rare - I'm still looking for a '34-'35 Convertible, and until then I guess I'll just love the ones I've got

We always seem to agree on this topic Marty!!!

The people on the Buick Pre War Forum are aware of my favourite but here it is for you non Buick people.

1934 Series 40 Roadster - Australian Holden body.

post-31244-143138179349_thumb.jpg

Geez guys, no one has nominated the '41 Buick. It even outshined the '41 Caddy!.....

(from the peanut gallery)

Dual carbs on the 320 with 165 horsepower!!!!! I dunno the torque number but cmon, musta been about 300 lb-ft anyway! And 46 years later, my '87 Cougar with only a slightly smaller 8-cylinder, made only 150 hp and 270 lb-ft!

After driving my '38 Id really like to drive a '41 century or ride in one with the owner opening it up a bit. Hopefully when Matt Harwood is done with his he'll let us know how it drives. I will definitely be badgering him to!!! He had a custom cam made too and I think very mild headwork done as well when rebuilding the engine....

Never having driven or ridden in one, I probably like the '67 Wildcat 2-door Hardtop best. Luxurious interior, nice power, fastback styling instead of formal styling. At GM, that kind of combination seemed to stop around the '71 model year.

I also like the '68 Wildcat but I think the instrument panel in the '67 is a little nicer.

Even with the big bumpers, I like a '73 Century Gran Sport too.

Bill

I agree with JustDave, but they are very rare - I'm still looking for a '34-'35 Convertible, and until then I guess I'll just love the ones I've got

marty

there is a 35 convert on ebay right now partially restored looks great,take a look

Not counting concept cars, I own my favorite 2 Buicks of all time.

The 1959 4 door hardtop and the '65 Wildcat Convertible.

I also believe that the '39,'40,'41 cars are beautiful and used to own a '40 Special.

I'm not brave enough to venture into brass era, but you certainly can't count out any of those.

As far as newer cars, the Reatta was a wonderful experiment and wish I still had my '90.

Lastly, I hope to own 1961 Invicta Custom someday. That is a beautiful car (as is the '62 Skylark)

If we're to include concept cars, then I'll pick the Y-job and the '54 Wildcat II.

post-41915-143138180468_thumb.jpg

post-41915-143138180471_thumb.jpg

My Grandpa's 1909 Raceabout was really great. I used to ride around in it with either he or my Dad driving, and got to crank-start it many times. Technically, I think it was a 1910 Model 16 or 17 Speedster (according to the 4-digit serial number and Dave Corbin), but that's what my Grandpa called it for 60 years. The car had RHD, the original tufted black leather bucket seats, a speedster fuel tank, speedster fenders, and a factory-delete radiator fan(more speed, you know). If you drove it slow it boiled-over, so it was a lousy parade car, but it worked fine if you drove it 20-60.