Full size 4-speed Oldsmobiles

59 98

What was the first year model full size Oldsmobile produced with a factory 4-speed manual? I thought it was 65, but there is a red 64 Jetstar with a 4-speed for sale on line, and the owner states it is documented. A friend of mine says he has seen a couple 61 88 4-speeds, and some 62s, but I have not seen them so I can't say if they are real or not.

Anyone out there have any concrete info?

Thank you.

The first factory installation in the big Olds was the 1964 Jetstar 88. It was available only behind the 330 ci engine; the 394 cars were never set up for it.

1965-66 could have it behind either the 330 (Jetstar 88) or 425 (Dynamic, Delta, Starfire and Jetstar I). It was not available in the Ninety Eight or Toronado.

I have not personally seen any 67-later cars with it, but they came standard with a 3-speed stick and the bellhousings are the same, so I have learned to never say never.

Guest schlitzguzzler

I know what you mean Rocketraider. The Olds sales brochures say 1965 Starfires all come with leather and 370 hp 425 (among other goodies) but I have a 4 speed coupe with all vinyl and a numbers matching 360hp engine.

I wonder how many 4 speed coupes were made? I have seen quite a few convertibles but have only heard of fewother 4 speed coupes.