OPG catalog is finally out!

rivgs

I had a suprise in the mailbox today, the Riviera parts catalog form Original Parts Group was there. I gave it a fairly quick going over and it looks pretty good. Stuff you can find elsewhere but there are good pictures to see what you are getting. Some things seem pretty high, 63-66 lic. plate frames are 69.95 each, I just purchased 4 from Ecklers Corvette parts for $45.00 ( not each-all 4 ) There is some Skylark stuff mixed in for those inclined.:D

Guest wildcat465

Holy crap Kevin, you got mail the same day I did, what up with that!

Looks to me like a lot of stuff is from other sources ( check out those $103 spark plug wire sets ), but all in all, good stuff for Buick collectors to look at.

Dare I say, I found stuff that I can use in a Cat or two.

Not that this will help anyone, but I was at a friend's house this weekend working on a Riviera project and you'll never guess what he has in one of his parts boxes.

Yep- A sealed package of NOS horseshoe molding clips - they come five to a package. Don't bother asking, they're not for sale.

Ed

Bob,

63/64/65? Repairing them is relatively easy. If there's one or two cracks in the cover, you can cut away the excess vinyl and create a V shaped valley the length of the crack. Flexible bumper repair material is used to fill the crack (leave it a little high and sand it smooth) then take it to an upholstery shop and have it recovered with an expanded vinyl. They'll pull and stretch it to fit like a glove and it's held on with the same adhesive that is used on vinyl tops.

OR

Dip it and get it down to bare metal. Get some dense closed cell foam and create a new pad. Then do the same as above and have it recovered. It's best if the skin is tight but not adhered. That gives both the pad and the skin a chance to expand and contract with the heat and cold and not split the skin when it does.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

I am the lucky guy with a NOS package of 5 Horse Shoe clips. The pervious owner purchased them and included them with the car when I bought it. Here is the information from the package BUT if you find a stock of clips, I get a chance at buying some!!!

GM Part

5# 4877036 bjo

12116 Clip

Ed thinks the part number is 4877036

Dalton

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you have a picture of what those clips look like? I would imagine there's some kind of clip you could buy and modify, that's my plan but it would help seeing what the original looks like.

It's hard to get a clear picture with the wrapping. So I broke down and opened the package. Hope the pictures help. It appears there is some soft black material inside of the clip.

Hope this is helpful.

post-57537-143138185296_thumb.jpg

post-57537-1431381853_thumb.jpg

post-57537-143138185304_thumb.jpg

post-57537-143138185305_thumb.jpg

post-57537-143138185307_thumb.jpg