Chrysler 1934

The Airflow models have always gotten more attention but there was also the 6 cylinder CA and CB series riding on the 117" wheelbase and they offered the usual variety of body styles as any other year. These two series outsold all of the Airflows offered for the year.

The Six is 241.6 cu. in. with a 5.4:1 comp. ratio giving 93 horses @ 3400 rpm.

The Airflow models have always gotten more attention but there was also the 6 cylinder CA and CB series riding on the 117" wheelbase and they offered the usual variety of body styles as any other year. These two series outsold all of the Airflows offered for the year.

The Six is 241.6 cu. in. with a 5.4:1 comp. ratio giving 93 horses @ 3400 rpm.

Do you consider this as a desirable one?

Thank you very much for the info...

It was DeSoto that made Airflows only for 1934. The next year they added a conventional line along with the Airflows so it was a one year only deal.

The Airflow cost a lot more money than the conventional models so it is not surprising the conventional models outsold them. That plus the Airflow was rather "avant garde" for a lot of 1934 buyers.

It was DeSoto that made Airflows only for 1934. The next year they added a conventional line along with the Airflows so it was a one year only deal.

The Airflow cost a lot more money than the conventional models so it is not surprising the conventional models outsold them. That plus the Airflow was rather "avant garde" for a lot of 1934 buyers.

Thank you!!!

Great info!!!!

The Airflow was made from 1934 to 1937. A 3 year life for a given model was par for the course back then.

The 1938 models were Airflows in all but name. If you compare them to the typical 1933 pre Airflow car, it is obvious they are a development of the Airflow theme and have nothing in common with the typical pre 1933 school of design. The 1938 bodies are pure Airflow. Fatter fenders and a pointy grille are the chief visible improvements.

By that time practically every car on the market was an Airflow inspired design.

I am in the process of restoring a 1934 CB Town Sedan, apart from the above what other details are you after ?

hchris

I had been offer one of this...The price is good and the seller told kept my attention saying that this was an Imperial. I immediately thought about the big six pre 1931, which is a very desirable engine, at least for me.jeje....That;s the reason why I'm collecting as much info as possible.

Best regards

There was no '34 Imperial six cylinder so that settles that aspect. As is so often the case, the seller really doesn't know what they have. You, the potential buyer, are doing the right thing by doing the research before you lay down the first dollar bill on the table.

Quoting from 70 Years of Chrysler for 1934 :

" The Imperial line now had three distinct series the CV;CX;and CW - the smallest the CV with 8 cylinder 323.5ci - using the same engine was the Airflow Custom Imperial Series CX - The largest was the Airflow Custom Imperial Series CW with 384.8ci engine "

Perhaps one of these are being offered?

Archived