1942 Buick Type Identification

Guest dneiper

Guest dneiper

Hello, I just picked this car up and want to properly identify the type prior to my starting of the restoration process. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I purchased this car because the owner is retiring. A majority of the classics at Phil Bates Auto salvage are going to be crushed in a month or two, three months at the very latest. I have an idea what this body style is but I just want to make a positive id.

post-66435-143138173223_thumb.jpg

post-66435-143138173225_thumb.jpg

Great start on a great sedanett,which,as you probably already know,is GM's name for their 2-door fastback style cars.You have areal challenge due to its rarity.A Buick person will have to tell you whether it's a special or a super,the super having a larger engine and wheelbase.How about sharing some information on location and inventory left in the yard? Maybe some of the other cars can be saved from the crush.

Guest dneiper

Here is Mr Bates info. Right now I know for sure he has a lot of convertibles, mustangs, Buicks, impalas, a few Chevelles, Lincoln continentals 4 doors, Chargers, I think a few challengers, 1924 Plymouth. A lot of other cars. Mike

Philbates Auto Wrecking, Inc

Highway 249, P.O. Box 28

New Kent, VA 23124

804-843-9787

• 4 weeks later...