47 Olds-interviewed to buy it

Guest mystarcollectorcar.com

An interview, it happened to me with a 1934 Pierce Arrow production Silver Arrow, V-12. Years ago, car advertised in Hemmings, saw pictures, called, said I would buy it at asking price. No, he said, I'm selling for the widow of owner, and she wants to meet the person that buys it. Huh. So, I flew 1200 miles to see car, spent a weekend there, had breakfast with widow, she approved, and I ended up buying the car for less than asking price.....but that's another story.

Sometimes family members really do want to see if the car will go to a good home.

An interview, it happened to me with a 1934 Pierce Arrow production Silver Arrow, V-12. Years ago, car advertised in Hemmings, saw pictures, called, said I would buy it at asking price. No, he said, I'm selling for the widow of owner, and she wants to meet the person that buys it. Huh. So, I flew 1200 miles to see car, spent a weekend there, had breakfast with widow, she approved, and I ended up buying the car for less than asking price.....but that's another story.

Sometimes family members really do want to see if the car will go to a good home.

...and you no longer own it. This is a business - this hobby - isn't it?