1991 Reatta at Milwaukee Auto Show

olbuickman

At the 1991 Milwaukee Auto show we ( Buick) had an interesting display. Up on the turntable we had a 1991 white Reatta convertible on display. Rather than have eveyone climb up onto the turntable ( a liability nightmare) to have their picture taken inside the car, we had a special camera, the person sat on a chair and it superimposed them as sitting in the car. In about a minute the picture would develop and we would give it to the person. I remember on the two weekends we had long lines of people waiting to have their picture taken. On the turntable we had a model dressed in red and white leather to match the color combination of the Reatta. Todays auto shows are a boor. The displays look like parking lots. I miss the old days

post-46439-143138172121_thumb.jpg

At the Chicago auto show, 6 years or so ago, my son and I had our picture taken against a blue screen and they inserted our images next to a Buick Rendevous driven by non other than the late great Tiger Woods. I saw this week the ex president of Buick said Tiger was a poor spokesperson and never really sold any cars for them. Did they just pay him all that money all those years our of the kindness of their hearts. No wonder the car companies are in so much trouble.

Guest THEHKP7M13
...I saw this week the ex president of Buick said Tiger was a poor spokesperson and never really sold any cars for them. Did they just pay him all that money all those years our of the kindness of their hearts. No wonder the car companies are in so much trouble.

This does not shock me at all.