Sign in to follow this  
24T42

Weather or not?

I followed airline instructions to try to book a replacement flight, and the earliest available flight from Orlando to Philadelphia is Friday night, arriving at the airport around 10:30 PM, which would get us to the hotel about midnight. There are no available flights anytime today. Our region member who is scheduled to present our Youth Development program won't be able to get to the seminar. So, I guess we just can't get to Philly for the 2010 Annual Meeting.

Art Griffin

I'm really sorry to hear this Art!

For our part, we only had one bad spot of highway. For the most part, it was dry.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow.

Wayne

I was watching the weather Channel and they announced that the Philly airport was open.

Judy

I'm glad to hear that the Philly airport is now open. Our airline had such a backlog of customers who were still waiting to get flights that to take care of them on a priority basis they wouldn't give us a replacement flight until late Friday. We tried, both online and by telephone, and we couldn't make it in time to participate in any Friday activities, including the seminar where one of our region members was presenting part of the program.

We didn't feel we had any options at that point.

Art Griffin

Will the judging schools be held tomorrow morning? Cancelled my hotel reservation but may drive down tomorrow if I can get my car dug out.

Sorry, I missed this Jeff, way to busy to get on-line. Yes, the school did go on and was well attended. The new chips this year have a 75Th logo, really cool.

I will post a new thread probably tomorrow to give my view/rundown of the goings on. (Gotta take the wife out for Valentine's Day). Everyone had a great time.

Wayne

Decided to drive wife's Jeep down Sat morning for the school since my diesel was still sitting up to the door handles in snow at the bottom of our 700' driveway. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I noticed a coolant leak in the Jeep Friday afternoon, too late to repair before early Sat morning so I gave up. Seems I just was not supposed to be in Philly this year.