Model J Judkins bodied Duesenberg on the scales

twin6

There used to be a liquor advertisement, showing a bottle tipped over with the contents spilled, "ever see a grown man cry?" Well, in an effort to provide a bittersweet glimpse into the past, here we have a model J Judkins bodied Duesenberg on the scales, ready for scrapping. The A-C-D roster keeper, Randy Ema, assures me this was not a survivor. Check out the other rig there for weighing in - a tractor. Let us bow our heads, for a moment of silence for a great car, lost for good.

post-65643-143138167959_thumb.jpg

Guest DeSoto Frank
There used to be a liquor advertisement, showing a bottle tipped over with the contents spilled, "ever see a grown man cry?" Well, in an effort to provide a bittersweet glimpse into the past, here we have a model J Judkins bodied Duesenberg on the scales, ready for scrapping. The A-C-D roster keeper, Randy Ema, assures me this was not a survivor. Check out the other rig there for weighing in - a tractor. Let us bow our heads, for a moment of silence for a great car, lost for good.

This is photo is truly a sad scene.

The tractor in the extreme left background is a "Styled" 2-cylinder John Deere, and it looks like it's chained to the Duesenberg, to drag it onto the scale.

Judging by the absence of tires, I'm guessing this J was doing its bit for the war effort, having been turned-in for scrap.

:(

• 8 months later...
Guest Silverghost

If this is the Deusenberg I am thinking about~

And I believe it is...

The owner had ordered it and died shortly after it was delivered.

I believe two days after !

His wife...

Who did not like the car ~

And also had more money than brains~

And was also a bit of a nut ~

She also craved press attention.

She made a big deal with all the press at the time for donating this car for the WWII war scrap metal drive.

The press story stated that she had made a great sacrifice for our nation's war effort.

Sad Sad ending to a little used and once great Deusenberg !

Edited by Silverghost (see edit history)