removing vent window

Guest mitch lojek

Guest mitch lojek

hey guys,

would like to replace the weatherstripping around the front seat vent window but cannot remove the vent window. I cannot push down the window low enough to clear the top pivot pin. does the flat rod that the hand crank connects to underneath the window unscrew? any help would be appreciated. :confused:

mitch

While I'm no pro having never done this on a LZ I would imagine there would be a screw somewhere around the bottom of the window channel. I have done this removal in some earlier Chevys and I can only assume they are all about the same. The window crank I feel would have nothing to do with the wing (vent) window. Have you done a search for the answer? Thats what I've been doing the last few weeks since I got my 40 LZ.

Also I am not sure what kind of vehicle you are trying to remove the channeling from. That would help a lot. I did stay at a Holiday Inn last week, though.

Hey I tried. Skip

Guest mitch lojek

I forgot to mention that the car is a 47 lincoln connie and although we looked, we did not see any screws of any kind. the window has some movement up and down but not enough to clear the top pivot pin.

mitch

Guest V12Bill

As Tom pointed out, the top pivot point or pin is a screw on the Continentals. I have a 48 and that is the same. The LZ is different.

Guest mitch lojek

Tom, Skip and V12Bill,

thanks for your information. I thought it would be either the bottom or top pin but wasn't sure which. will try to remove it tonight. :D thanks,

mitch