Sign in to follow this  
broker-bob

" PLYMOUTH"--LOCO

These Locomotives were Built by Fate-Root-Heath and company who also built the Silver King Tractor. There is one of these locomotives at the CAMA grounds that is set up, and runs on a short piece of track. It has a Buda diesel for power. They had the rights to the Plymouth name which Chrysler ended up buying.

More.... History of the Plymouth Silver King

Photo link to the Plymouth. Farmall F12

Also a link to the Kent Conn grounds Where the Plymouth lives. index.htm

:) Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

A few years back I was at the railroad museum in North Freedom Wisconsin with my Peerless touring car and in their yard was a Peerless switch engine with a huge gas engine. I told the Pres. of the RR club that someday I would like to hear that run. He said no problem, we climbed in the cab and he tried to start it but the battery was dead. He said wait here and when the steam train comes back to the station we will tow it. They unhooked the engine from the passenger cars and pulled into the yard, we coupled the steam engine to the Peerless switch engine and towed it down the tracks and it fired right up. And there I was without a camera. We drove the Peerless down the tracks which was fun, but I was disappointed, I thought that huge engine would roar but it was nice an quiet, lots of power though.