1920's Era Car Parade Invitation in San Francisco

Guest jallenrouman

Guest jallenrouman

Greetings one and all!

I am the president of The Victorian Alliance of San Francisco and for 37 years we've held house and garden tours to raise funds for small architectural preservation and education projects around town. This year, we're stepping out of our comfort zone and into a 1920's planned community as grounds for our 2010 tour.

As part of the fun, we're considering a small classic car parade to kick-off the festivities. Regretfully, we have no idea how best to reach motoring enthusiasts that might like to participate with their vintage autos. Any and all suggestions from the good users of this forum will be appreciated.

The goal is to focus on cars built before 1929 or so. (Naturally, exceptions would gladly be considered.) Our tour date is October 17, 2010 from one to five pm. The idea would be to have the parade at noon through the center of the development.

Until the neighborhood has been secured, I cannot comment further on the location. However, for those of you who know this town, there are only two fully planned communities from the 1920s and we’re hoping to be west of Twin Peaks.

For background on our not-for-profit organization, visit www.victorianalliance.org or feel free to write to me directly at jason@allen-rouman.com.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Jason Allen-Rouman

Guest jallenrouman
I am a fan of victorian, but I don't know what style of homes would be in a 20s planned community. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Many of these homes are laid out in a plan where an entire block is in an English Country style and another is very Spanish Colonial Revival. It includes Willis Polk and Julia Morgan designs among many others. It is a wonderful part of town. If you'd like to join the tour, visit our website in August or September and a ticket option will be available. I'll add that we put on a really great show of it with a beautiful program providing house histories and docents in most rooms to discuss important features and facts. (Unlike other home tours, you get to go into the houses on our tour.)