F/S My 1903-1904 Beilfuss 8 HP engine F/S on Ebay

Please See Ebay auction #260546963203. Up for auction is the largest and rarest engine in my collection of 1900-04 motors. This little known company was a propriety engine builder in Lansing and Detroit, during the 1902-1912 period. They built engines only and sold them to individuals, companies, and parts houses like Neustadt Perry and A.L. Dyke, both of St. Louis, Mo. for resale in their catalogues. They were marketed to car companies as factory and replacement engines. (See enclosed Neustadt Perry catalogue page, where they are selling this engine under their catalogues name). Thus this engine is a correct historical replacement engine for ANY 1900,1901,1902,1903,1904 car, auto, or automobile. This engine is one cylinder Packard quality and size. It is HUGE, at 8 HP, 350 lbs. and 5 1/4 inch bore and 6-inch stroke!! It is about 1 1/4 times bigger than a 1900-04 Curved Dash Oldsmobile Olds engine. I removed this engine from a 1903 Conrad steam car, which had been converted to gas power. The buyer of the Conrad wanted to re power the Conrad with steam power, and I kept this engine. The car and this motor had been in enclosed dry storage in Canton, Ohio since the 1930s, in the Jim Lynch collection, which I bought in 1994. The engine comes with its beautiful original water pump with Neustadt Perry cast into the side of it (not pictured) and a sprocket setup off of the engine to chain drive the water pump and a transmission. The transmission was hanging under the engine in the Conrad. Also enclosed is the original copper or brass gas tank. I have only seen one other of these engines, in a HCCA magazine issue a decade ago, where an 1897 Olds Electric Trap was repowered around 1903 with one of these engines, with an Upton transmission. From the ads it appears Beilfuss started building this engine sometime in early 1903, and continued until spring of 1905, when they moved to selling a 2-cylinder version. There are no dates or serial numbers I have found on the motor, so no one is going to dispute it was built in 1903 or 1904. Notice the VERY unusual shaped combustion chamber on the front of the engine. There are some engine size measurements listed in one of the enclosed ads. I also measured the engine. Its overall length from front to back is 38 inches. The flywheel is 3 1/4 inches wide and 20 1/2 inches in diameter. The head jug is between 7 1/2 and 8 inches wide!! HUGE! Plus a 6-inch stroke! I have found no visible cracks on the engine. The timing bevel gears on the side of the engine look like new, as does the original engine timer. I suspect the engine has had very little use. Turns over easily with good compression. This would be perfect for powering an early speedster, racer or race or racing! I believe the buy it now price of $6,900 firm is VERY fair. More photos available by email to serious buyers. You'll never get a chance like this again. Please DO NOT hit the button if you want the motor. Email us and we will end the auction. Please pay by check or bank wire. Will assist with USA and overseas shipping. Please see my other auctions for my 1903 Curved Dash olds clone engine, and my 1904 Brennan 4 cylinder 20 HP race car project! Questions or inquiries for photos and info to me at gnalbright@gmail.com or call my cell 352.843.1624, 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Standard Time. Good Luck! George Albright, Ocala, Fla. (PS Please see my other auctions of early car parts!)