Sign in to follow this  
foolblwn70

need help finding parts 1962 olds f85 wagon

Need any help I can find I need some parts for a 62 olds f85 wagon don't know or can't find any place that sells parts if any one can help let me know I would appriciate it thanks

Need any help I can find I need some parts for a 62 olds f85 wagon don't know or can't find any place that sells parts if any one can help let me know I would appriciate it thanks

I just bought a 1962 F-85 wagon. Parts for these cars are virtually unobtainable new or repro, so get used to scrounging for decent used parts. Even normal replacement parts (ball joints, for example) are extremely expensive from NAPA and other usual sources. NOTHING interchanges with the newer (1964-up) cars, so don't waste your time.

The only good thing is that the aluminum 215 is a direct predecessor to the Rover engines used through 2006. That means that a 4.6 liter Rover motor bolts right in.

Engine parts are available from D&D Fabrications in Michigan. SMS sells upholstery. That's about it.

thanks i know where a couple of cars are but have to buy the whole car for parts and they want fortune for them do u know what the cars are worth i am new to the oldsmobile when i bought it i had no idea they were so obsolete did they make many or just not none around thanks for the info mine has working factory air and everything works has airride tech system on it and was thinking about putting an ls1 out of vette but if its worth any money i may leave it original

thanks i know where a couple of cars are but have to buy the whole car for parts and they want fortune for them do u know what the cars are worth i am new to the oldsmobile when i bought it i had no idea they were so obsolete did they make many or just not none around thanks for the info mine has working factory air and everything works has airride tech system on it and was thinking about putting an ls1 out of vette but if its worth any money i may leave it original

These cars rarely sell, so the worth depends on whether or not you can find a seller who wants it. I'm strongly against the unimaginative Chevy engine swap, but it's your call. You have an unusual car and want to install a belly-button drivetrain. ZZZZZZZZ.....

Plan on a custom rear axle to support that swap, as the rear suspension is different from that of other GM midsize cars and there is no bolt-in axle upgrade.

I have a 62 F-85 wagon, I have a lot of parts for it. If you tell me what you need I might be able to help you out. my email is rmp1262@yahoo.com if you have any questions. just put 62 in subject line and I'll know.