Sign in to follow this  
DeSoto Frank

Ford service bulletin - trunk conversion to rumble ?

Recommended Posts

Have been reading Jim Schildt's "Model A Restorer's Shop Manual", and he makes reference to a Ford Motor Company service bulletin / instruction sheet for conversion of the trunk to a rumble seat from the Model A era...

Apparently the floor pans and such were bolted to the body, as opposed to being welded ?

Does anyone know if the Ford instructions are available on-line ?

I'm trying to finish a conversion that was started on my '28 coupe...

Thanks !

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Jim's description is confusing at best.

The pans are riveted to metal sills, but guys are frequently doing other stuff.

Anyway, here is a link to my site the will provide some pictures as a good starting point.

Rumble lids

You would do best to ask further specific questions over on fordbarn.

I believe the pans were riveted to the sills.

Poke around Vince's website as he put together a coupe and has some good details.

Vince Falter's website

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this