Sign in to follow this  
Mike Hogan

1957 Dash

I have a customer who is restoring a 57 Roadmaster convertible. He tells me there is a factory hole in the dash on the far left, right above the emergency brake handle. I can't think of what might go there. It is not power antenna or rear speaker. My thought was that someone had drilled a hole to install a bypass starter, but he swears it is factory. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Guest my3buicks

Isn't there a red emergency brake light around there somewhere?

Brake lite goes in the hole that says "Brake". The top switch goes in that hole. At least it does in mine. .........Bob

if it is under the casting, at the bottom of the bracket, it is for the trip reset.

Speed minder knob goes under ACCESSORY, then there is the vent and Brake light. - LEFT SIDE

Right side: Vent, key and lighter...under the lighter will be the trip odometer reset.

On a Roadmaster Convertible, the new hole is for the speed minder set knob. The power top switch goes in the accessory. see photo

Dan

'57-76C

'57-56R

post-54279-143138179111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Caballero2 (see edit history)

Thank you Caballero. I would like to tell everyone that the 57 Roadmaster won first prize at a car show in the Miami area. It beat out a 59 Cadillac with over $300,000 invested.