60 Voltage regulator

tberd62

Does anyone have the Delco part number for the voltage regulator on a 60 Le Sabre without A/C? Any inter-change would also be helpful. I'm should be able to fire up my car after 3 years on a restoration if I can find a regulator.

Thanks in advance

Joe V.

:) Hi,

Both my Buick parts manual and Motors Flat Rate manual lists the regulator for a '60 without air cond. number as : 1119168. According to my Buick factory manual,it's rhe same number for: '56 -2nd type less air,'57 all, '59-'60 less air & modific.,and '61-62 all except A.C. or A.C. Modif. or Pol.Gen.

The Buick/ GM price book shows the same number as being used on Cadillac, but I do'nt know if it's the same years. ' Hope I helped. Good luck!

:) kaycee

:) Hi Joe,

I checked my Motors flat rate manual again, and it lists the same part number in Cadillac for : '57 series60s& 62 WITH AIR, '57 series 75 WITHOUT AIR, and '58-'62 35 amp exc. Brougham .

It lists the same number for :Nash (with Delco) '57 WITH AIR, and Rambler Ambassador '58, '59 WITH AIR.

There may be 35 amp regulators from other Delco equipped cars that will interchange, but the numbers will be different.

Incidentally, the generator number that my manuals show for your car without air, is for '60 and '61 WITHOUT AIR #1102181, and the regulator number that I gave you is also on a '61 Buick Special.

I do'nt have a Hollanders manual, but it'll probably give you the same numbers if you want to stay with the originals, or if they list other 35 amp units that interchange, you'll have to restamp your regulator number and/or change your generator tag if you swap generators too.

:) Hi again Joe,

There's a NOS Delco regulator on eBay right now. The number is Delco #1119168 ,which is the one you need, but it's date stamped 2L which indicates it is dated for a 1962. Still, it's the right Delco part number for your '60 since they used the same number from '57- '62 wihout air. cond.

The eBay number is :150342223778 and is 'Buy It Now' for $49.95 + $9.95 shipping, which is reasonable for a OEM correct number regulator. Take a look, and see what you think.