Zephyr Carbs

Mssr. Bwatoe

Hey 36-37 guys, I have a carb listed for a friend on the bay, I assumed 40-41 cause 3 bolt zephyr script. A "hepful" fellow advised me , (he was certain I was attempting to mis-represent) , the carb with the 16h tag was in fact for an earlier car with throttle push/instead of pull..or such..?? I am not familiar with 36-37's at all ..

help me Phil..Peech..Bill..

Jeff, if the throttle is a pull to open type it will work with the early 36-37 LZ as they had the same linkage as the Fords. Those cars came with a Stromberg carburetor simular to the 97's but jetted a tad richer. The Parts book does show a Holley replacement for the 36-37's so Ford ( Lincoln) did supply an LZ Holley for that application and that may be what you have? One thing a little strange is that The base has a vacuum port presumably for the distributor? This feature appeared on late '41 Holley carbs as all early set ups have the vacuum port for the distributor in the manifold. I suppose it's possible that somewhere along the line the throttle shaft/arm may have been exchanged for the "Ford" type?

Edited by peecher (see edit history)