Sign in to follow this  
chryslerparts

1936 Chrysler carb help

I have a rebuilt carb from a 1936 Chrysler C6. Can anyone help me with brand of carb, size, engine it went on, and what its worth? Any info on it or what websites have info.

Thanks!

Edited by chryslerparts
adding more (see edit history)

You should have a C-7, the C-6 was a 1935.That would be an Airstream model. The engine was a 6 cyl 241.5 cu inch w/93hp. The carb was a Carter(BB)ball&ball style, part #E6G1. The straight 8 used Stombergs

What's it worth. Hard to say,since if it was rebuilt in the past 7years or so,it could run a couple of hundred or more and it is show quality. If is is an older rebuild the new gas will play havoc with the old seals. Fortunately, there is no accelerator pump in a b&b to go nuts with the new gas. But will sell for less for that reason.

...snip.... Fortunately, there is no accelerator pump in a b&b to go nuts with the new gas. But will sell for less for that reason.

No accelerator pump in a B&B? There certainly is an accelerator pump in the B&B carburetor that is on my 1933 Plymouth. And it is the correct model original carburetor for the car. Maybe that "no accelerator pump" would be for B&B carburetor's fitted on non-Plymouth applications but it seems unlikely to me.

I have several C7 Chrysler car. The engine is correct at 241.5 .

The carb. is as described. But it does have an adjustable accelerator pump.

It is made out of brass, with no seals. These carbs. seem to be plentiful.

And even so, many other years fit the motor, and look original. I've purchased

spares on Ebay for less then $10.

Eric