'37 Transmission to a '40 engine

bobj49f2

I am disassembling my junk '37 engine to get all the parts I need to mount the transmission to my '40 engine. I had to pull the crank shaft, flywheel and clutch out as a unit because I couldn't turn my crank to access the flywheel bolts (What a stupid design). As I was about to take the flywheel off I remembered being told about the timing mark on the flywheel. I searched this forum to find information as to whether I can mount the '37 flywheel to the '40 engine and only found a post that said the flywheel and crank shaft have to be balanced together. Does this mean I can't just bolt the '37 flywheel to the '40 cranks shaft after I find TDC. By any chance can I use the '40 with the '37 clutch set up? This would eliminate having to mess around with the '40 flywheel. I am pretty sure I have been told the flywheels are not interchangeable.

Also, I wouldn't so lucky that I could just bolt the '37's (Well actually it's a '36 transmission I got to solid chunk of rust that was my '37's tranny) the '40s clutch bellhousing and use the '40's clutch set up, would I? I know the way the '40 transmission mounts to the frame is totally different but I can adapt the mounts.