1939 in a Nebraska winter!!

Guest DADDIO65

We don't get much snow here in Central Texas. However, we picked up our 1941 Continental in Newton, Iowa in March, 2007 and trailered it to Minnesota to visit the grandkids. Definitly NOT my kind of weather, but we DID get the car out of the trailer for a BRIEF photo opportunity at about 20 degrees!

post-31768-143138162689_thumb.jpg

post-31768-14313816269_thumb.jpg

post-31768-143138162691_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)

No snow here in Indiana and making great headway on my 38 L/Z coupe. Where can I find exploded pictures of the engine compartment so I know how, where the wiring harnesses should be. Planning on bringing it out to the April meet in April. First time this has been out since my father purchased it in 1976. Still trying to figure out paperwork since he never completed it. Hope you are staying warm and healthy.

''Happy''

C. Douglas Johnson Jr.

Guest DADDIO65

Thanks for the interest guys, keep the pictures, comments and stories coming, liven this site up a bit... This is why we have these cars.... Show em off and talk about them:D!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, OK If you insist. I just took her out of the field and here she is, all spiffied up for her debut in the cold of Jan under the Texas sun. Not that she hasn't spent most of her life under the sun. Many January's under the Texas sun, I'd say about 50 give or take a few. Now she can rest. Or its that rust?

Skip

post-65857-143138168665_thumb.jpg

post-65857-143138168667_thumb.jpg

Guest DADDIO65

Nothing like a Nebraska winter there, but at least you got a Zephyr to play with!! Enjoy your time with it they are great fun to tinker with!! Thanks for the post.... any other takers????:confused:

Here in oHIo, winters are long with few bright spots, and to add insult, they

dump enough corosive Halite, that any potmetal grows fuzz ..nasty stuff..but after a good rain, away we go.... hot water heater blower needs a higher speed..but i can crack the cowl vent and the ram air effect into the heater helps a little

Guest DADDIO65

Great pics guys!!! Keep them coming... got some good looking cars out there and some real nice up and comers!!!! Thanks for sharing!! Now let's get rid of this snow so we can go out and enjoy our toys!!!

• 2 weeks later...

love the pics guys, sadly living in so-cal the only way you'd be able to tell the difference between the winter and summer pictures of my lincoln would be if I photographed the temperature gauge.. (and now after having skip rebuild my water pumps I doubt I'd even be able to tell the difference then)

Guest friscozephyr

No snow here (but lots of green rolling hills from all the rain) in my part of Northern California (Marin County about 25 minutes North of San Francisco). I took my '39 LZ Sedan for a test drive. It was sunny and a balmy 72 degrees and the LZ ran perfect.

I must say a 1939 LZ black sedan driving on a road with snow in the background is a gorgeous sight. Quite an amazing contract against the white background. Wednesday is supposed to be the warmest and sunniest day of the week. I'll post some photos if I get the chance.

Guest DADDIO65

Frisco, I'd sure love to see that hot rod v-12 of yours in action..... sweet car!!! thanks for the thread!! Enjoy that California weather!!!! Daddio