my remote interior light button

Guest joshsreatta

Guest joshsreatta

Hey everyone. when i bought my Reatta the remote had some issues with the interior lights button. all the others functioned fine. I decided to purchase another original remote and when i programmed it the same situation happened. all the buttons worked except the lights button. Could this be a seperate program sequence or something else. If anyone knows what im talking about let me know.. thanks

The interior lights will only activate if it's dark out. You can test it by placing a towel on top of the dashboad in front of the rearview mirror. That's where the photo electric cell is located. Once you program the remote, that activates all four functions on the fob.

Guest Richard D

On My 90 coupe the remote will turn on the interior lights in daylight if the key is in the off position and doors are closed. Also the outside door handle will turn them on when key is off.

Good Luck.

Guest joshsreatta

well i have tried to test it at night but nothing. maybe its just another bad remote. I was wondering if i could get a custom remote and still have the features to activate the lights.

On my 89, the remote will turn on the interior lights if it's dark outside. If the car is off and locked, they will turn on when you lift up on either outside door handle, as Richard's 90 does.

Before buying OE remotes, I tried an aftermarket remote wih four buttons. It would lock & unlock the doors and unlock the trunk. I could never get it to activate the interior lights.

Please forgive my apparent lack of understanding, but why do we even have the interior lights button? Doesn't the unlock button turn on the lights anyways? Couldn't that button be possibly programmed to do something else. Maybe wire the windows hot and have the button do that?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joshsreatta

well im not going to worry too much about it. I thought it would be cool to get everything working on this car. all the way down to the buttons. Iwill figure it out somehow. thanks for all the advise from you guys. this is cool