Has anyone used the Paint-Over-Rust product?

our51super

I have done several frames with it and it is great stuff. The stuff isn't UV rated and will fade only in direct sun doesn't seem to hurt it just a little dull but under body it's the best. My supplier says they now have UV additive I have not used it. I have also used it on rusty floor boards and panels it stops rust and takes paint well. worth every penny JIM

I have used POR 15 with mixed success. The engine paint is fantastic. After painting the engine a year ago, it still looks great in my everyday vehicle. The paint over rust paint (for general use) is somewhat tricky. You have to remove ALL the grease ang grime, and that is paramount - and also difficult, then use the paint prep supplied to precoat the surface. Note this paint prep is widely used with other paints in the automotive industry as well, and is well known as a successful prep for any paint. However, I am still in agreement with the other folk in saying that is appears to be the best that I've tried - though I have not yet tried the Corrollos (spelling ??) advertised through Eastwood.

<BR>Have used both POR-15 and Eastwood Corroless for years on cars and boat trailers. <P>Corroless is much easier to work with (you can get it off your hands, POR is almost impossible to get off skin), and it doesn't flake off as POR-15 does after a couple of years.<P>Definitley recommend Corroless over POR-15.<P> <P>------------------<BR>