National meet in Ames IA

Barney Eaton

Messages on the Ames IA national meet are starting to appear on the Buick general discussion. We need to get the same message out to Reatta owners..........

The meet is July 28-31 2010 ....... more info available at www.buickclub.org

The judging will be on Friday for the first time this year. This allows the administration people more time to tabulate the judging forms and get the awards ready for the Saturday evening awards banquet. It also allows the banquet to start earlier so we can get out before we all turn into pumkins.

Saturday will be a huge car show. Buicks will be in one area and other cars, clubs, etc have been invited to bring their cars for a big, non-judged all make show.

Since the hotels are not at the show site, the Reatta people have picked the Best Western as their hotel. This helps in many ways when we have activitites like the Rendezvous... we will probably depart from the Best Western. More details will be posted by others in charge of activities, but

if you plan on attending, get your registration in ASAP (why) the Reatta Div officers keep in touch with the registration people and we can keep track of the number of Reattas registered and adjust our activities accordingly.

We should be able to get 50 Reattas without difficulty. .... hopefully more.

Here is the link to the meet and registration form...............

http://www.buickclub.org/iowa/2010_Buick_Nationals_Site/2010_Buick_Nationals_Page.html

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

On July 7, 2009 the Buick Reatta Club reserved a block of 30 rooms for the Ames National at the Best Western University Park. Phone 515-296-2500

It is human nature to put off till the 11th hour and as of tonight our club owners have only booked 10 rooms leaving 20 still available. As we get closer to July these rooms will go quickly, and I would suggest that now is the time to make your arrangments.

Rates run from $105.00 to $115.00

Who I planning on going, I am signed up

Chuck

• 5 months later...
Barney, are you still bringing your 91 Black/red Coupe?

Martel I am sitll bringing my Riviera and was told by another member that I have to glue a Reatta hood ornament to the front and just call it the big brother. Thats not right is it

When do you plan to be in Ames?

Chuck

Guest mgibson

According to my navigator's (Anne) schedule, we will arrive on 7-26-10 and depart 8-1-10. We are staying at the Best Western.

Martel I am sitll bringing my Riviera and was told by another member that I have to glue a Reatta hood ornament to the front and just call it the big brother. Thats not right is it

When do you plan to be in Ames?

Chuck

Am I reading it right? Is the Director of the Reatta Division of the BCA going to take a Riviera to the national meet instead of a Reatta??