What car related TV show do you watch?

Guest DagoRed

Guest Dr. Strangelove

I like HD Theatre's 'Chasing Classic Cars'. No heavy guitar licks, no camera gimmicks and no bimbo's pretending to be more interested in cars than their nails...

Many on HD theater with Wayne, Edd, or Mike. Speed's Pass Time & Monster Jam (freestyle), Top Gear on BBCA , Assorted auctions for comedy (their idea of "stock" & "real deal" is hilarious), almost any amateur production.

Not directly car related, but with the additional broadcast channels under digital TV, we now get the Retro TV (RTV). Watching old episodes of Dragnet, Adam-12, Emergency, and others, I am constantly pointing out the cars in the background to my wife.

She tolerates me, at least...

Always enjoy watching Gearz, and on occassion, Two Guys Garage and My Classic Car.

However, Two Guys Garage, and many of the others, have become car/truck infomercials for the overpriced junk the suppliers give to the show, but that most of us would never waste the money on, or have any desire to purchase. And, Dennis Gage becomes hard to watch week after week as he continues to laugh at nearly everything he says.

The British show, Wheeler Dealer, on the Discovery Channel is great. Plus, you get to laugh at those British accents and expressions.

Just my $.02 worth (before taxes, of course.....)

Edited by Reatta Man (see edit history)

For pure entainment I like Top Gear on BBC, My Classic Car is good sometimes, Barrett-Jackson for the entertainment show it is, nothing to do with the real world, as one of the guys above noted, the descriptions by the annoucers are way off the hook sometimes. It was better when Kieth Martin was still doing them, he at least corrected them. Seems like "real" car guys can't talk in front of a camera, and "celebrities" don't know cars. I guess Jay Leno is the exception.

Guest broker-bob

a few years out of high school I went into the army reserve-----after the 6 months basic had to go to meetings every thursday night got home just in time for the UNTOUCHABLES-----Robert stack --- broker bob----------------------- bobnroman@yahoo.com

There is one old Roy Rogers Western, where Roy is driving along in a 46-48 Mercury woodie wagon from the Double R Bar Ranch with a horse trailer on the back. He gets a phone call (really a phone in the car, how many of those were there in 1948?), and it is the Sherriff. The payroll at the logging mill was stolen, and the Sherriff can't solve the crime without our Roy's help. So, Roy pulls over, gets Trigger out of the trailer rides, saddles him, and rides off with his six guns to solve the crime. As a kid I loved this movie, but really.....Trigger was faster than a Mercury with a phone? And why did Roy own the only car in town except for Pat Brady's Jeep NellyBell? and did guys really wear two pearl handled six guns in 1948? And are you kidding me? The Sherriff could not solve the crime without help from a rancher?

Wait there's more..... Remember Sky King TV show. Every show was exactly the same. Sky King an average rancher who uses his airplane to round up cattle and live with neace Penny and nephew Skyler, gets a phone call or ham radio call from, you guessed it the Sherriff, who says the armored truck from the logging camp was just robbed of the payroll. And...the Sherriff can't solve the crime without Sky's help, and if Sky would go get in his plane and fly around, he would be able to and always did, solve the crime.

Oh, wait, Didn't in Murder She Wrote, your average spinster, book author from New England, get a phone call from the Sherriff, who can't figure out a murder and if she would not mind looking into, her superior mind would solve the crime.

Let's see Clark Kent a mild manored newspaper reporter would get a phone cal from the Police chief that a crime has been committed and would he call his friend Super man for help?

OR, Bruce Wayne, a mild manored rich guy, would get a phone car from the Police commissioner, and a crime wave was going on and would Bruce call his friend Batman, to solve the crime?

Geez, either they rewrite the same scripts over and over and over in Hollywood, or there sure are a lot of stupid law enforcement officers out there. LOL!

Geez, either they rewrite the same scripts over and over and over in Hollywood, or there sure are a lot of stupid law enforcement officers out there. LOL!

That's why I like the older detective shows, Bob. My wife and I have been watching Nash Bridge reruns the last couple of weeks. There always seems to be a twist. Nash,"Don't mess with me, Bubba!" :mad:

"Joe's" cool clothes, love ya colors.

Hey! How about that a yellow Hemi Cuda....with engine sounds even? We even like the CSI-LA show with the new black Challenger, but how do you beat a yellow Cuda?

All right!!!:cool:

Wayne