Keller Automobile...seen any?

Guest 25erduplex

Guest 25erduplex

I bought this postcard a few years back and am wondering if anyone knows if there was any of these ever made. If so, are there any photos? Thanks, John T.

post-63473-14313815638_thumb.jpg

post-63473-143138156383_thumb.jpg

I believe there is also one (or maybe more) in the Lane Automobile Museum although it isn't listed on their online inventory. Terry

Was the Bobbi-car the same as the Keller? Keiser31 I will send you my e-mail address. Thanks, John

The Bobbi-car was first....then came the Keller as sort of a continuation of the Bobbi-car. I will email you scans of the information I have.

I once met a collector in Bastrop, LA with two warehouses full of cars, including two '53 Corvettes.

He once told me that if I ever saw a Keller wagon (he called it a Woody Wagon) to buy it on the spot, and he would reimburse me, plus a profit.

They may be rare, but they do have their following.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to pay more attention. The Keller Super Chief that my mother has is still in Alabama and the resto is a bit stalled but geting there slowly. It is essentially the Bobbi-Kar and with three known to exist there isn't much of a following. One -purchased from the aforementioned warehouse in Bastrop (he must have found one) is now in Florida - Pensacola area I believe - and the other in Hartselle Alabama, not thirty miles from my mother's. That car was given to Hubert Mitchell, owner of a theater curtain and airplane upholstery factory as partial payment for his subcontracted upholstery work on the Keller. If anyone is interested in working on a truly rare car there are only seven to nine complete sandings of the body until the exterior is done and the upholstery can be installed and the car windows replaced and then done-ish. I haven't seen that particular post card and would appreciate a copy if possible for the archives - believed to be the most extensive Keller library in the world (two boxes). I wanted to finish it by Louisville but that much sanding may be more than my free time can handle. Dad searched for this car for years and bought it from an original Keller dealer who had stored it in a truck body for 40 years - last registered in 1961. His dream was to finish the restoration and put the car in a Huntsville area museum but there are few options that seem acceptable in terms of long term maintenance and available space.

Guest librarylady

Sam is being very kind. Sanding is my job. Bets are it will take me 2-5 years as I need to stay home to do it. Ron had prepared a Power Point presentation about the Bobbi car and the evolution into the Keller with many original photos and ads. I will present this at our local library in March. I think we have that postcard as there is not much Keller literature we don't have. One of Ron's last purchases was Keller literature that Walter Miller had obtained from the McVea family who had owned our car. Mr McVea would not part from it when we bought the car. We have collected anecdotal information from Huntsville residents who worked for Keller or a relative worked for Keller. Ron liked to speculate would Von Braun have wanted to set up at Redstone if there was a thriving auto industry already there. We'll never know. There is an excellent article and a picture of our Keller before restoration at Automobiles at Redstone

Guest 25erduplex

This story is amazing. A car that almost became reality and folded on the death of the man behind it. It is great the stories that come about when you find a strange post card. I am glad some still exist, they are probably deemed to be priceless.

• 1 year later...
Guest Moparman33

Hate to bring up a old thread, I have 27 org photos and dealer promo investment brochure for the Keller car company, A good friend of mine, his dad worked for Keller and One of the photos actually have him in it and the dealer brochure has his name in it too, I am trying to see if others have more photos of these cars, He and his dad (and family) lived in Huntsville Al, Story goes, his dad transported the cars all over the us to try to promote the car. I did see the car on American Pickers too, and have failed to get in touch with them to see if they are interested in the photos and ore the people who own the car. I have what look to be 18 different cars over 2 years in the photos and 2 bobby car photos.

• 1 year later...
Guest caribbeandude
Hate to bring up a old thread, I have 27 org photos and dealer promo investment brochure for the Keller car company, A good friend of mine, his dad worked for Keller and One of the photos actually have him in it and the dealer brochure has his name in it too, I am trying to see if others have more photos of these cars, He and his dad (and family) lived in Huntsville Al, Story goes, his dad transported the cars all over the us to try to promote the car. I did see the car on American Pickers too, and have failed to get in touch with them to see if they are interested in the photos and ore the people who own the car. I have what look to be 18 different cars over 2 years in the photos and 2 bobby car photos.

Moparman, please let me know what you might be interested in selling? thanks