Where are the old cars?

WireWheel

I read from time to time members letters asking "where are the old cars"? From where I sit they are everywhere. When I started in the hobby our 31 was only 30 years old. It was looked at as a used car. Now our 54 is 56 years old. Our 65 is 45 and our 74 is 36. All of these cars are older than what I started with and to me they are old. I like being able to drive across three or four states to participate on tours and not loading on a trailer to get to the starting point. Just my thought.

See you down the road.

Edited by WireWheel
Add closing greeting (see edit history)

They are everywhere and they cannot hide them all from me. I find another "new" (one that I have not seen, yet) old car around here at least once a month and I have lived here 20 years.

I read from time to time members letters asking "where are the old cars"? From where I sit they are everywhere. When I started in the hobby our 31 was only 30 years old. It was looked at as a used car. Now our 54 is 56 years old. Our 65 is 45 and our 74 is 36. All of these cars are older than what I started with and to me they are old. I like being able to drive across three or four states to participate on tours and not loading on a trailer to get to the starting point. Just my thought.

See you down the road.

Yeah, I've had the same thoughts. When I got my license in 1974, I inherited the family's 1968 Vista Cruiser. That car was only six years old at the time and had well under 100K miles on it. My newest vehicle today is over 10 years old and has 210,000 miles on it. My daily driver is over 25 years old. My oldest 442s are rapidly approaching 50 years old!