Strange heater problem

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Saturday afternoon when I got off work it was 3 below and my car had been sitting for a little over 15 hours outside in below 0 temps. I started the car about 10 minutes before I left work and let it warm up, on the way home I noticed the heater fan wasn't working. Thank goodness it is only 15 minutes to my house. I checked the temperature gauge and the car was running at 182 degrees and the dash HVAC unit seemed to be working correctly but no matter what I did the fan wouldn't start. When I got home I pulled out the back seat and checked all the fuses and they were all good. I also looked at the under hood fuse box and according to the diagram on the cover there was supposed to be a HVAC relay at postion 33. Well there was nothing there and not even any connections there for a relay (I removed a relay from another position and tried to put it into the slot). I only have 8 hours between 15 hour shifts and this weekend is a three day work week because of the holiday so I needed to get to sleep so I put everything back the way it was and went to bed. My garage is insulated and heated to 40 degrees. When I got up to come to work tonight I checked and the heater fan started right up. I didn't drive the car tonight because I was afraid it would do the same thing. My question is has anyone every had this kind of problem on there Le Sabre. I know there is a sensor that keeps the fan from running until the temp reaches a cetain point but you can override that by putting the heat control unit in defrost. The car is my 2003 Le Sabre and I am baffled by this.

Guest sintid58

Not sure what it was, while I was checking it out when I got home I shut the car off and restarted it a couple times and the fan didn't start. I wonder if it had anything to do with the extreme cold.