What does dash look like without CD Player

Guest mhuffy

Guest mhuffy

When I bought my 90, the CD player would not work and neither did the cassette deck in the facotry radio. There was another CD player and cassette tape unit in the trunk. I don't have any history on this car, but assumed it was to replace the ones in the care that someone never got around to replacing. Well, that "assume" got me in trouble again...I got the dash apart, the radio apart, installed the new cassette deck and it was not working either. In fact it kept trying to do something which prevented the radio from working. I took it back out and disconnected the wiring to the cassette so that I can listen to the radio....I ten took out the CD player and installed the other one - kept blowing fuses, so I put the old one back in also.

In short, I have an aftermarket indash unit that I could put in the car. It won't be factory, but functional. If I did this, I would want to elimiate the factory CD player, but not sure what would go in it's place. Does anyone have a picture you would be willing to share to show me what it would look like?

Thanks,

Marc

Guest mhuffy

Thanks Jim. You have sparked another question.....

I am noticing a switch and a placard of some sort. What are they? I don't have either of them.

Marc

Guest steveskyhawk

Marc,

That is a 91 in the picture. The placard says Grand Touring Suspension and the switch is for the fog lights. I have the storage box you need also if you strike out otherwise. I'm sure Jim Finn is up to his eyes in nasty weather.

Nasty here in Florida also, almost got down to freezing (actually one or two nights in the 20s is good, keeps the bugs down next summer).

May need a storage box myself - have been looking for a factory head with CD that would plug in and eliminate the console CD, mine only works when above 80F and is a pain to R&R.

Guest mhuffy

I saw one at a salvage yard, but the mounting was drastically different and didn't want to have to make changes to the radio or to the dash mount. If I could find a well functioning one that would not require modifications, I would be happy to switch it out.

Marc

Guest mhuffy

That would be neat, especially with the traveling that I do. Were there any posts on it? I will admit, I am being lazy here so as not to spend time looking for something not there.

Marc