T-Head

Period Photo Thread

No 3 is the only one I can't ID.

1 is a Dodge

2 a jazzed up Model T Ford

and last is a Willys

I have seen this one before. It was in a group of pics put up I think. Can't remember but there were lots of comment on the hats.

Manuel in Oz

I have seen this one before. It was in a group of pics put up I think. Can't remember but there were lots of comment on the hats.

Manuel in Oz

Yes...I have posted this photo before. I just wanted to add it to Thead's thread.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I had hoped to add to the collection once I had upgraded my camera, but now that it is overorganized I see no point in posting.

But the good news is even though the pothole is slightly larger than the driver expected, pull it out and the Model A is still as good as new and can continue driving down the beach.

ITS BACK!

Sorry for the delay. More work than anticipated.

Will post more details in the Period Photos forum shortly.

I never knew about these later Peerless cars. I love the Darth Vader look being black and a lack of ornamentation. Very classy car in a very classy era.

post-59419-143138171702_thumb.jpg

Amelia Earhart with a 37 Cord and her 37? Electra...

The 30's era was such a class act....and even the name Electra has that special ring to it.

post-59419-143138171703_thumb.jpg

Griswold+Automobile.JPG

Howard Lee Griswold (1878-1955) built the automobile shown in this photograph for the president of the Columbus Railway, Power and Light Company in the early 1900s. Griswold is seated in front with his wife Cora (1884-1949). This early example of a homemade machine shows the conversion of a large farm wagon body with wheels propelled by a belt and flywheels.Howard Lee Griswold completed correspondence courses in electrical and mechanical engineering from International Correspondence Schools in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

1938 Phantom Corsair..

SIA-PhantomCorsair_lede2.jpg

n 1937 Bohman and Schwartz also undertook their most famous (and beautiful) creation, the building of a futuristic shark-like body designed by H.J. Heinz’ son, Rust Heinz, and placed on a custom-built 1936 Cord 810 chassis. Called the Phantom Corsair, it later appeared in the 1938 David O. Selznick movie “Young In Heart” as the mysterious Flying Wombat automobile. It was purchased in 1947 by car collector Richard Rush for $5,000. Rush sold it to Los Angeles radio and television personality Herb Shriner in 1951. Shriner had the car repainted and modified to allow better cooling for its Cord powerplant, but the results were not very pleasing to the eye. William Harrah purchased it in the 1960s and had the car restored back to its original state and it currently resides in the National Automobile Museum (The former Harrah Collection) in Reno, Nevada.

Edited by Docc (see edit history)