does the actual abs pump wear out in a teves 2 system ?

Guest FRIDAYSCARUSOE

Guest reattajack

I just replaced the accumulator ball i got from amazon for 100$.

(1990 reatta abs---teves 2)

1 hour later the abs pump kept running and no brakes.

i took the pump and motor apart and cleaned out the filter inside of it and put it back together.

I'm hoping it was just a dirty filter.. but does this pump part wear out to where it wont pump fluid anymore? the motor works fine and at first when i replaced the accumulator it worked good.

what else could keep the accumulator from being pressurized?

i'll put it together tommorrow and see

Guest reattajack

i took it apart and put everything back together right ---looks good--should be spinning---can only go together one way----pump is spinning

I was concerned when I replaced my pump/motor joint seal. After replacing the seal, the pump ran and ran and ran for a long time.

The problem was that when tearing down the pump/motor joint, all brake fluid is lost from the pump body. It takes a while for the pump to purge all the air and to again become fully flooded from the resorvoir. If you're certain you have a flooded inlet, just let the pump run for a few minutes to purge and flood. There is enough fluid entering the pump to ensure lubrication so no harm is done by the air cavitation until things stabilize.

Guest reattajack

well i cut the pump apart so i could get the pump spinner out and i found 1 of the ball bearings was worn in half and the other piece it rides on is shot too.

now i get to find these little parts or just get a used pump

schucks.com has them for 390$

i'll pay for a used pump---they rarely wear out